Connect with fellow advisors
Got a question that a fellow organization advisor may be able to answer? Join the Fulton Schools Student organization Advisor community.
Advisor Support Application
As a student organization advisor you have the unique challenge and opportunity to support a diverse group of student leaders in their student organization activities.
Student Engagement would like to help you support these students through a variety of ways. One key way is by offering funding to support you as you meet with your student organization leaders for team development and planning.
A few financial needs may include food, beverages, reservations for the site, etc. You may want to apply for this application if you are…
– Hosting an executive board meeting with a meal
– Meeting one-on-one with a student leader for leadership development
– Providing a training for the leaders
– Hosting a leadership development activity
FSO Advisor Tips
- Read your organization’s constitution, which can be found on your organization’s SunDevilSync (formerly known as OrgSync profile).
- Save the dates for Dean’s Funding Deadlines
- Encourage your organization to participate in activities like the FSO & Resource Fair, Homecoming, Night of the Open Door, Homecoming, E-week, etc.
- Take advantage of funding opportunities as they arise. Work with your leaders to ensure they understand how the funding works.
- Network with fellow organization advisors for ideas and troubleshooting.
- Connect with the Fulton Schools Student Engagement team for resources and support.
ASU's Student Organization Handbook
Learn the in’s and out’s of managing a student organization, and how to follow ASU policies.
Learn the in’s and out’s of being a Fulton Student Organization.
Comprehensive Advisor Manual
Advisor Manual, courtesy of American College Personnel Association’s (ACPA) Commission for Student Involvement. Content highlights:
- Benefits of Advising and Advisor Roles
- Sample Advisor Contract
- Advising Do’s and Don’ts
- Responsibilities of Organization
- Questions to Ask Organization
- Advising Styles and Skills
- Liability and Risk Reduction
- Budgeting and Fundraising
- Program Planning Checklist
- Event Planning Timeline
- Officer Transition and Retreats
- Student Organization Officer Roles
- Membership and Recruiting
- Examples, Resources, and Handouts