How being an FSO works
Interested in becoming a Fulton Student Organization?
Is your organization interested in becoming a Fulton Student Organization? Please look over the criteria below to ensure that your organization meets the basic criteria to be either a Fulton Student Organization or an affiliated Fulton Student Organization.
If your organization meets the FSO standards, feel free to make an appointment by contacting email@example.com, or call at 480-727-6761.
What’s in it for your organization to be an FSO?
- Opportunity to apply for Dean’s Funding and other funding, as applicable
- Promotion through the Fulton Student Organization Directory
- Increased opportunities to develop your FSO in regards to superior leadership, engagement, outreach and professional preparedness (i.e. training, professional development, networking, etc.)
- Advocacy by Fulton Schools of Engineering, Student Success and Engagement, and Fulton Student Council on behalf of the FSO
- Opportunities to be recognized when the organization leads in awards, scholarships, rankings, competitions and sponsorships
Fulton Student Organizations (FSOs)
FSOs meet the following criteria:
- Are an approved student organization through ASU’s office of Student Organizations and Involvement
- Have an Fulton faculty or staff advisor
- On a minimum of an annual basis, provide their membership list with at least 10 active student members, at least 60% are Fulton students
- Have existed at ASU for at least a semester and can demonstrate their organization’s activities and achievements to date
- Can demonstrate ongoing activities that meet at least one area of the IRA’S standard:
- Interaction: encourage student interaction with faculty, staff, or industry
- Recognition: brings prestige and recognition to the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
- Academic: enhance the engineering or technical education of students
- Student mentoring: facilities peer-to-peer student mentoring
- Can clearly demonstrate that they meet at least one (if not more) of these criteria:
- National/international organization affiliation
- Competing at a national/international level (completed in at least one competition prior to applying to become an FSO)
- Research-based organization with required technical reports at competition evaluated by national organization/competition staff
- Significant K-12 outreach program approved by K-12 outreach staff
FSOs have access to the following resources and support:
- Opportunities to apply for Dean’s Funding and maintain Revenue and Gift accounts with Fulton
- Organization advising and professional development from the Student Success and Engagement Office
- Receiving an entry in the Fulton Student Organization directory
- Promotion through the Fulton Student Organizations Newsletter
- Access to organizational tools and storage space