Are you interested in sharing your story with a group of young women interested in engineering? Then become an event volunteer or program mentor for Young Engineers Shape the World
(YESW). They’re currently seeking both volunteers and mentors for the academic year.
Interested in volunteering at an upcoming YESW event? They need your help running the YESW Kick Off event on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 (Shifts vary from 5:00-9:00 PM) at the Tempe Campus, Memorial Union, Turquoise 220. Your time as a volunteer will also give you Dean’s Funding Points!
Or maybe you are interested in serving time as a YESW mentor volunteer. As a mentor, you can be involved in any/all of the following, depending on your preferences:
• Afterschool classroom visits that occur for 90 minutes at various high schools around the valley
• Informational interviews with students
• Career fair/speed networking events (e.g. Girls Make-a-thon)
• Discussion panel at a YESW event
• Offer a tour of your industry/workplaces
• Help design curriculum in area of focus (i.e. cybersecurity, IOT, programming, chemical engineering, etc.)
• Be filmed for a brief informational video to be included in activities and online media
As a mentor, you will help support students at six partner schools, and assist the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering in fostering awareness and appreciation of all disciplines of engineering. They’re seeking passionate people who want to help guide and empower young women through engineering activities, career exploration and identity development. If this sounds like you, please submit the YESW Volunteer Intake Form
. A representative from the program will contact you shortly after receiving your information.
To sign up for this specific event, make sure to visit http://signup.com/go/eajvvLd
Questions? Contact Lauren Preble at Lauren.email@example.com